Sunday, September 05, 2004

Yet another lovely evening

After a relatively uneventful day, Marc, Jeff (visiting this weekend and again generously helping with cleaning out my Mom's house) and I were joined by Matt and John. By the way, that link is to Matt's new blog.

I have to give Matt credit. After years in the tech workforce, he has gone back to school to pursue a career that he will find more rewarding and fulfilling. He's becoming an RN. It's really great, and he has started a whole new blog as he starts this new phase of his life (his old blog was The Ideal Rhombus).

So Matt and John took the train to Mineola where we picked them up. Then we stopped at DSW Shoe Warehouse in Carle Place, so Matt could get some shoes for his nursing training (he needed white rubber-soled shoes). I wasn't planning on getting anything, but they had a nice pair of sneakers in my size, so I walked away with something after all.

After that, we headed to Huntington and had dinner at a favorite restaurant, 34 New Street. It's a great place. The food is excellent, and the prices are very reasonable.

More important than the fine food was the excellent company. We had a wonderful time. So far, it really has been an excellent break from work. Of course, they've been calling from work with questions and problems, but not enough to ruin my fun.

I already know Tuesday will bring some serious stress for me, so I'm doing my best to revel in this fun and relaxation.

1 comment:

PatCH said...

Tuesday stress? :-(