Friday, September 17, 2004

I'm ready for retirement!

I really don't understand people who don't have enough to do when they retire. I see them. I've met them. I just don't get it.

Sure, some people have health issues that keep them from being active, but I don't mean them. I mean people who are perfectly healthy but will tell you that they lack for things to do.

There are so many ways to fill the days! On days off, even without planning anything, I have plenty to do. The nice part is that I can do it at my own pace.

With just the littlest bit of thought, I can find fun, interesting ways to fill my time. Between my hobbies and all of the places to go (which, I'll grant, is easier in New York than in many other areas), I'd never lack for things to do.

Now if I could just work out the money thing. Lacking personal wealth, I have to do that nasty thing--going to work.

Speaking of that, what's the deal with Lotto? I've played it lots of times, but they have yet to give me millions of dollars. I play $1 for each regular Lotto game (here in NY, as in many other places, they also have megamillions, daily lottery games, etc., but I just play the one game). Still, no millions. What a ripoff! ;)

I actually agree with Marc (that it's a "tax on people who can't do the math"), but I have to play. It's my Dad's fault. He never played and never would...but it's still his fault (I guess I can explain that in another post). :)

No comments: