Thursday, September 16, 2004

A modest legislative proposal

Earlier today, Patrick sent an e-mail, proposing that the usual suspects go out for drinks.

Of course, this is Rosh Hashanah. Now, I'm not the most observant Jew--obviously, if I'm posting to my blog today--but I can't really go out drinking on such a holy day. So I propose the following new program/legislation:

No Jew Left Behind

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, join me in proclaiming that we will stand together to defend the rights of Jews everywhere to go out and get drunk with their friends. The days of haphazard binge scheduling must come to an end! The cruel days when we leave gay Jews home, sobbing over their lack of liquor, must be a thing of the past! Say it, people! Say it loud! We will leave no Jew behind (or "no Jew's behind" for Jewish bottom boys...but that's probably a different program)!

:)

3 comments:

PatCH said...

Okay, I'm home now, a bit drunk and a bit off-kilter with the world. Too bad you couldn't jolin us for a round or three of shots and mixed drinks. Next time!

*burp*

Jalal said...

I think we should add an a- b- sub proclamations ... a- your proclamation b- we who follow the lunar system be allowed to change the first day of the month so that we can dodge anything we do not wanna do on a certain day.

Michael Vernon said...

You were missed! Next time?