Wednesday, September 01, 2004

This should be interesting

Thanks to some kind of Blogger server error something-or-other, this is my second time writing this entry. So you're getting the short version!

I try not to spend much time on politics here, because I fear it would become a rant. The current President is not my cup of tea, to say the least, and his administration gives me fits.

The real point is that there's a bit of news that W isn't going to want to get a lot of play... and I am hoping it becomes the story for a while. In case you haven't heard, there is a man named Ben Barnes who was Lieutenant Governor of Texas back when W ducked Vietnam service in the National Guard and didn't even manage to show up and do his duty in the Guard.

Barnes recently said he was "very ashamed" of his role in this. Now, according to Salon, Mr. Barnes will be telling his story on 60 Minutes. Okay, let's see how W's handlers spin this one.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

He put the "W" in AWOL.

Jess said...

Amen to that, Bruce.