Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Travels with Jess

So what excitement awaited me at the end of the day today? (Having tossed the snapshot camera in the car—a nice camera, actually, but it’s not the SLR—I can drag you along for the whole boring ride!) Yes, it’s the Southern State Parkway! Expecting the usual delays, I was pleased to see…




What a treat! So that made it easier to go get a little shopping done. I know what you’re thinking: “so how did you get where you were going?” Well, I’m glad you asked. But first, I need to answer the question that has been plaguing America. “What is in Jess’ truck’s front seat console?” Well, without further ado, here it is…




Yes, it’s exciting, isn’t it? We can see the bulb I put in the truck to replace the burned out one in the hallway of my late grandmother’s apartment. We’ve been there at least twice since I put it in the truck, but my early senility has kept me from remembering to actually bring it inside with me. Other exciting items: the remote for the GPS system, a small tape measure, the fallout from this morning’s Claritin-D tablet (again, remembering to carry it into the office and throw it out was too much for my addled brain to handle) and other odds and ends.

Now, back to our route…




Yes, we’re going to take the wonderful Meadowbrook Parkway. It’s actually rather scenic (well, if you like trees—not much else to look at)…




So what exit did I take? I took Merrick Road east…







“But why? That’s not where you live, Jess! Where were you going to do your shopping?”

Well, where else would a smart Long Island gay boy go to shop? To a store that has a yellow brick road…







Yes, it’s Trader Joe's!!!

And what vital supplies did Trader Joe’s have to offer? What else? Low-carb ice cream…




Yes, that vital item, brought to us by the wonderful people at San Francisco’s Double Rainbow, allowing me to have some sweet stuff while staying on my diet.

A few other things were purchased as well, one of which was…




The rule in our house is, if Jess or Marc enter with Trader Joe’s bags, they must contain treats for the dogs. Otherwise, Jess and Marc may not enter the house. This rule is enforced by Bernice. Being a Doberman-Shepherd mix, she is prepared to enforce the rule.

Not wanting to sleep outside, I always make sure I put some biscuits in the basket! :)

5 comments:

PatCH said...

Traffic moving well to Exit 28? Where are people going to get their drinking water from?

Jess said...

*groan*

Oh, that was bad, Patrick (but I'm smiling anyhow).

Only you could even find that reading of it!

Wayne said...

GOBBLE!!

Bruce said...

Jess,
The travelogue was fun! I'd like to copy the idea - but we're going to need a better digital camera, first
Okay, what kind of truck are you driving?

Jess said...

O.I.T.S.E.: it's not that clean! :)

Wayne: Um... hmmm. Not sure what to say!

Bruce: It's a 2003 Ford Explorer (the Eddie Bauer version in dark green). It's not the most efficient vehicle, but I love it. It's great when we have to move stuff, too!