Thursday, August 12, 2004

Oh, great. This is just what we need!

I will freely admit that I have never liked Jim McGreevey. New Joisey's current governor always rubbed me the wrong way. It was hard to say why he bothered me, but he always did--maybe it was just that he came across as such a disingenuous stereotypical politician.

So what's his news? He's gay. Under other circumstances, I might applaud his honesty at coming out. Unfortunately, there's more...

He is married and has kids. Also, he had an affair with a man, cheating on his wife. Okay, that's bad, but it gets worse.

His boyfriend, for lack of a better term (or lack of one I can think to use at the moment), was on the state payroll. Not only on the payroll, but Jimmyboy made him NJ's homeland security advisor, a very important, high-paying government job. That is, until the federal government said the guy couldn't do the job, since he isn't an American! No, the guy is Israeli. I guess I should be glad he wasn't a Saudi from the bin Laden family.

So now all of the ignorant homophobes out there have an example of why we gays are trouble. "See? They can't be trusted! They have fake marriages and cheat on their wives. And they're willing to risk letting the terrorists kill us just so they can get sex!"

Thanks a whole bunch, Jim.

No comments: