Monday, August 16, 2004

A mohawk? A mohawk?!

This afternoon, I looked out the windows of the HR/Payroll building toward the nearby ballfield. No one was on the field itself, but some kids (and a couple of their fathers and/or coaches) were on the grass closer to our building, practicing their catching and hitting.

While wondering how long it would be until a ball came crashing through one of our windows, my gaze was drawn to one of the boys. No, not because he was a 22 year old college hottie. No such luck! Once again, sadly, these were kids.

The kid in question was about 9 years old, give or take, and had a mohawk! No, not the "high and tight" military-style haircut. I mean a full-on mohawk.

Not only have I not seen a mohawk in many moons, but who lets a little kid get one? I'm probably just too much of a conformist or something, but I feel like such a haircut on a small child should be sufficient grounds for a full investigation of the parents by Child Protective Services!

Okay, okay. Maybe not, but I still can't believe anyone let the kid get a mohawk! :)

3 comments:

GrooveTheory said...

Well, I'm from NJ. And being so close to NY, a kid with a mohawk is nothing new to me. Maybe he's related to the Osbourne's or Pam Anderson's son :)

I love you slogan. That's what's blogging all about. Keep it up!

Jess said...

Thanks for the compliment!

As for the kid... well, I'm a lifelong New Yorker, but maybe it's more of a western suburbs kind of thing! :)

I guess I should be glad it wasn't dyed green!

Wayne said...

Well, have you seen Angelina Jolie's Kid?

I mean, look at *THAT* Hair....