Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The kid is scary!

You may recall meeting Dodger in a prior entry. Well, today I came home feeling pretty icky (to use as scientific a term as the "we don't know whatcha got" diagnosis I got earlier). While sitting in a chair, Bernice and Dodger both came to see what I was doing. Mandy, apparently, was occupied with her knitting or something.

Bernice planted herself about 10 feet away, so she could keep an eye on me and look down the stairs at the same time. Mister Dodge, on the other hand, came in to say hello. When he did, he stood up on the side of the chair and sniffed me. I asked him for a kiss, but he didn't give me one. Then he went around to the other side of the chair and sniffed me again, completing his inspection. Again, I asked for a kiss, knowing that doggie kisses are healing and would, no doubt, help my condition.

After refusing my repeated requests, he began walking out of the room. At that, knowing my dogs and the way they are like young siblings (always jealous of each other and fighting for attention), I tried one last thing. "I know Bernice will give me a kiss if I ask her." At that, Dodger (whose grasp of English is scary!) turned around, ran to me and planted a big, wet doggie kiss on my cheek.

Doggie kisses: better than any medicine! :)

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Aweeeeeeeeeeeee tell the kids that I say HI :)