Saturday, January 27, 2007

Oh, this is rich

I already met with the person who will be taking over HR, so I can tell her all about the job I do. She lacks my experience and qualifications, but I guess the thought is that I just have to describe what I do and then they don't need me. Like those commercials where the surgeon is telling the patient over the phone how to do his own surgery.

Now comes the real cherry on top. They want more input into the kinds of decisions I make every day. In future, it seems that many HR decisions will be made within "a committee structure." A committee?

Good HR management requires someone in command. There are legal ramifications, employee relations issues, labor issues, etc. These things can't wait for a meeting to be convened, so a group of people can deliberate. And not to sound completely egomaniacal, but there will be no one left there who has my level of expertise. So a committee of less talented people will take a long time to make poorly thought out decisions? Nice plan!

No comments: