Thursday, January 04, 2007

Interesting tidbits

This article reports on people citing "flaming objects in the sky" in Wyoming. The suggestion is that is has to do with Russian rocket debris, but I have to wonder how certain they are. Something flaming in Wyoming? Hmmm. I could think of another explanation for something flaming in Wyoming. *snicker*

(Okay, I'm going to pay for that. Sorry, Knotty honey, I couldn't resist!)

In other news, illegal drugs in Tennessee are required to have tax stamps on them. As The New York Times reports, "The state's Unauthorized Substances Tax, passed by the Legislature in 2004, requires anyone in possession of an illegal drug to buy and affix stamps to the drugs' packaging."

Putting on my lawyer hat (not to mention reading the explanation in the article), I do understand that it's really meant to be another way to punish people caught with drugs that don't have the tax stamps, but, aside from the questionable legal ground this is based on, isn't anyone embarrassed by this? "Hey, that vial of crack better have tax stamps on it, or you're in serious trouble, mister!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be the civil servant with that job.

Clerk: may I help you?

Druggie: yes, I would like to purchase a roll of illegal drug tax stamps please...

CoffeeDog said...

As soon as I read flaming objects in the sky in Wyoming I thought to myself "Knotty has taken to the sky"

Lee said...

Thought the same about Kahnotty!

Anonymous said...

Gurls you're all terribly mistaken. I would never, NEVER fly without my handbag. It's just how I roll.
[now to find the silly queen that's been taking all my press and stuff her butt in a geyser]
kb