Thursday, September 08, 2005

Kerry obviously isn't the answer

Back in May, I got a call from a fundraiser for John Kerry. I told the fundraiser to buzz off. I had better things to do with my money--it's not like the Presidential race was still going on!

Today, I read some interesting information. It seems that every President since Carter would beat Bush in a head-to-head matchup. The one person who couldn't beat Bush in this poll: John Kerry.

After all that Bush has done (and not done) to screw up this country, including this latest debacle involving the hurricane (the poll was just taken in the last few days), Kerry still couldn't beat him. So the message is clear. The problem in the last election wasn't that people liked Bush; it was that they didn't like Kerry. (Well, a clear message and suggestion of leadership might have helped, too.) I just hope the Democratic Party leadership (and membership) is paying attention, because John Kerry seems to think he's still a viable candidate!

2 comments:

dantallion said...

The problem, from where I sit, is that during the last campaign, Kerry's message was "Vote for me because the other guy is an idiot" , and not "Vote for me because THIS is the direction I want to take the country in".

Fatal mistake.

Andy said...

I disagree with Dantallion. I think Kerry didn't take advantage of the fact the other guy was an idiot. I really warmed to Kerry during the debates...but that may just have been the odd rush of pleasure and excitement at hearing complete, if rambling, sentences.