Saturday, November 27, 2004

Happy Chanumas!

Yes, Chanumas! :) I'm Jewish, so Chanukah would apply to me, and Marc is Xian, so Xmas would be for him. Why combine the two? Because this year brings a combination gift.

Marc asked what I wanted for Chanukah (after all these years, we often just ask... it's easier than trying to guess!). I told him I wanted a photo printer.

As we researched and shopped, we settled on the Canon i9900. It has received rave reviews, and the sample prints we saw were phenomenal.

During the course of the research and shopping, Marc decided that he loved the printer, too, and would have his own uses for it. So we had a discussion and decided that we'd split the cost and give each other half a printer for Chanukah/Xmas. :)

Today, we went to Micro Center and bought the printer. After the initial setup (which I actually went through, step by step, uncharacteristically reading the instructions first!), I started printing some pictures.

Despite the sample photos we'd seen, I still managed to be surprised by the truly amazing quality of the prints it produced.

Now, not only can I make great prints at home, but I also can do small proofs, tweak colors as needed and really decide what I want to enlarge, without having to go through uploads to Ofoto or smugmug or wherever (with the attendant prayers that their color balances look like my color balances--prayers that often went unanswered).

Marc and I (with help from Jeff who is visiting today) have been ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the prints for much of the afternoon. Needless to say, we're happy boys!

No comments: