Sunday, October 24, 2004

Yes, there was rugby again this weekend!

I'll share a few photos here and then let you see the rest, if you wish, here.

Richard scored for the first time as a member of the Gotham Knights. Here we see him in play...



Since it was his first time scoring, he did a "zulu" later--that's where he runs around the field naked. Yes, naked. Sorry, even if I had photos of this, I wouldn't post them publicly.

However, I can share this happy picture of him, taken right after he scored...



Adam, the club President, got his nose smashed during play...



Last time I saw him, he appeared to be recovering well, sporting a sexy bandage and piece of tape. It just made him sexier than he already is (and he is--Marc agrees, as well).

A canine fan attended the match, enjoying some play with discarded water bottles...



Our team won, showing that their victory a few weeks ago against this same team was no fluke. The Gotham Knights are good and getting better!

After the official match, the Suffolk team asked for a B-side match. Agreeing to play the second game, some new faces took the field. Among them, Coach John was convinced to play...





Here's one last shot, and I'll let you follow the link the the others, if you wish...



So if you want to see the others, they're here. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jalal said...

Oh I like Rugby very much!

Michael Vernon said...

It was only Saturday that I figured out that rugby players are not toothless (like hockey players). The reason their mouths APPEAR toothless is because they wear mouthpieces!!!! Live and learn....