Sunday, October 10, 2004

Ruggers and ribs

Yesterday, Marc and I went to another rugby game. I brought the camera, so I could get shots of our favorite rugby club in action, the Gotham Knights. While the final score of the game wasn't what the boys hoped for, it was still a fun match to watch.

We also got to meet some new people. We met Steve...



Steve is a good friend of Byrne. Byrne is a friend of ours, an all-around nice guy and a member of the team.

We also met Will...



Will seems like a very nice guy. I also think he's cute, but that's another story. As I understand it, Will is the team's equipment manager, but they seem to have twisted his title a little. You see, his official nickname is Groundskeeper Willie. He doesn't seem to mind--in fact, he had the nickname put on the side of his equipment bag. I suppose it's a term of endearment. :)

I got to meet Craig. Here we see Craig with his boyfriend (his boyfriend is a member of the team; Craig's the one in the hat)...



I had exchanged some e-mail with John...



...and now we've actually had a chance to meet. John is one of the coaches.

I had taken some pictures of Martin at last week's game, and now I got to actually say hello and chat with him a bit, both at the game and after when the teams adjourned to The Eagle. So here's Martin...



Yeah, I know. He's hard to look at. Don't say anything. We wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. :)

I also got to meet Caleb...



Yet another nice, friendly guy. He was friendly and down to earth, even when (at Byrne's request) I told him he should take off his shirt for another photo. ;)

From the start of the game, I was able to enjoy the company of...



Matt, my beloved Marc and the aforementioned Byrne.

Feel free to take a look at the entire gallery of photos here. There's plenty of action and plenty of other cute boys, as well as a couple of girls and a couple of puppy dogs. :)

The games are a lot of fun, and there's plenty to look at!

The next game is this coming Saturday on Randall's Island (details at the team's website). It's easy to get to, so come on over!

So, back to our evening. Matt had headed to home to grab John, and they then met us at the Eagle.

After the "drink-up" finished at the Eagle, we headed to Tennessee Mountain Restaurant. The food was okay (not as good as I expected, actually), but the company was wonderful. At Tennessee Mountain, we were joined by Patrick, MAK, Michael and Michael's friend Wayne.

After dinner, we went for a nightcap, and that wrapped up the evening for Marc and me. It was a fun day, and I can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

PatCH said...

Fantastic pictures, Jess! Ooh, rugby men are so grr...

I love that pic of Steve. He's so cute, and that pic... LOL.

Great company over dinner, though I could barely keep my eyes open. I think everyone was a bit exhausted. But I'm glad we all came out. It was wonderful.

Jess said...

Sadly, Horton, Caleb didn't take off his shirt. Maybe next time! :)

Wayne said...

OH MY... look at those MEN! Hrmmm RHMMmmmM!!!!