Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sleep

This was the best weekend in a while, for purely selfish reasons. During the week, I rarely get as much sleep as I'd like. The same has been true for weekends recently.

This weekend, Byrne came out to help us move more stuff from the other house and bring an antique secretary to the furniture restorer. He came out Friday night, after dinner and stayed over, helping us all day Saturday.

I had to be up earlier than I'd have liked on Saturday, since we were expecting an air conditioning company service call. Today, however, I slept most of the morning. Then, when Marc wanted to take a mid-afternoon nap, I joined him. All in all, I probably got about 12 hours of sleep, and I feel great!

I know one large quantity of sleep doesn't make up for many nights of not getting enough, but I sure feel good.

2 comments:

Will said...

I wish I could sleep like that but my body is requiring less and less of it. I sort of ritually set my alarm for 6:30am every day but I never sleep past 4:30 to 4:45. Very strange.

CoffeeDog said...

Napping is one of my hobbies :-)