Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Quite a day

So, it's about 8am, and I'm still at home. This hasn't been the case on a workday since I started the new job. Normally, I'm at the office by now.

Today is different. My aunt--actually my great aunt (she was my Mom's aunt)--died this weekend. So I have to attend her funeral this morning.

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep control of work things by remote control. I have to go to the funeral, of course, but this isn't a great day to be away from the office. There is a major announcement coming. It will upset a lot of people at work, and I want to be there to do damage control.

It shouldn't be a threat to my job, but it will shake the place up. I'd tell you more now, but I can't say anything yet. Soon enough!

On a positive note (although a minor one, compared to the rest of this), one more finishing touch on the new house is occurring today. We're getting new concrete poured. We're replacing some cracked/broken slabs, as well as putting in a new walk in the back. So that's good.

On that note, I need to go make myself some breakfast. I hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

Greg said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. And that work is going to be extra special when you return.

At least the house seems to be going well. :-)

epicurist said...

I too am sorry to hear about your loss. Keep us tuned into your new home and whats going on at work - hope it isn't too crazy.

PatCH said...

What can one really say in times like these?

*hugs*

Jess said...

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the good thoughts.