Saturday, July 30, 2005

A night out with the boys

Yesterday, after work, I killed some time by walking about six blocks to a store in the Village that was giving discounts to employees of my hospital. They sold bath and body products. I found a nice eucalyptus bubble bath there. After that, I started walking back to the train. I stopped at Condomania on Bleecker Street and bought a new lube that I thought Marc might like.

After that, I went to Penn Station to get another pair of shoes polished. Then I got back on the subway--the 8th Avenue local this time (as opposed to my usual 7th Avenue express)--and headed for dinner. Michael had two friends in town (I was shocked to find that he even had two friends outside of our usual group). ;)

These two guys, Jeff and Bruce, were very nice. It was Jeff's 30th birthday. Being the sweet guy Michael really is (despite my teasing comments), he decided to set up a dinner for him/them. So he invited a bunch of his local friends (even me!) to join them. At dinner were Patrick & Greg, formerly famous-for-fifteen-minutes Jase, James and ... um... oh, crap... come on, brain... we know his name... stupid, unreliable brain... come on!... rats... okay, Michael, leave a comment with his name!... so, continuing where my senility left off... Byrne and elusive, handsome RN Anthony (also known as Michael's partner).

The restaurant was small and warm (not in the nice, cozy sense), but the food was very good. So I guess that evened out. Oh, and I was feeling sufficiently frisky (okay, so it's my usual state) to grope Patrick a few times. That's always a treat. (Hey, we each married someone else, but he's one of my dearest friends, and what are friends for if they can't be fresh with each other?) :)

It was nice to see everyone. The only negative is that we got home later than usual and then stayed up even later. We have a service call scheduled this morning with the air conditioning company. So, in order to get our central air conditioning serviced, we had to be up at 8am. They're supposed to be here between 8am and 1pm. Too bad. Even though 8am is much later than I get up on a workday, I really could have used to sleep later. Maybe I'll manage it tomorrow.

No comments: