Sunday, July 03, 2005

Happy July 3rd!

It's a little known fact that the Founding Fathers went out for some heavy drinking on July 3, 1776. It makes sense, if you think about it. If you were going to essentially invite a war from the most powerful monarch on earth, you'd probably go get trashed, too.

So Jefferson, Adams and the rest of the boys had a big barbecue, invited their friends and drank to excess. In that spirit, we celebrate July 3rd, Independence Day Eve. :)


Jeff and Marc start the marinated skirt steaks



The boys pose for a shot


We know how to be true patriots, so Jeff mixed up sour apple martinis as I got the grill fired up. While you see Jeff and Marc in these photos, I'm actually the grillmaster around here, so I took over once I was done taking a couple of photos.

To go with the steaks, Marc made corn on the cob and sauteed string beans. We also had some lovely french bread, and I had a delicious Stewart's Diet Orange Cream soda to go with my meal. Marc picked some up today, and it's delicious. We'll definitely be getting more.

More drinks and some dessert are coming. It's a fun evening.

So Happy July Third, everyone! I hope you're all having fun this weekend!

No comments: