Sunday, February 05, 2006

What a day!

What a beautiful day! We've got the windows open, and I've been spending time shuttling between the front room--where I have the shutters and windows open--and the sunroom.

Byrne is visiting us, and he and Marc have been in the kitchen for a while, making something that won't be ready for a bit... but it smells amazing!

In the meantime, the dogs and I are entertaining ourselves. The queen of sunny days is Mandy. She loves yard time and basking in the sun. If you're Mandy, all you need to make a sunny day perfect is a stick...



Eventually, when you have to come in, the thing to do is get up on daddy's ottoman in the sunroom, so you can maintain a good view of your yard...


On the lookout for squirrels, cats and other dangerous interlopers


Meanwhile, our peace lily has been working on making a flower or two. It hasn't flowered in a while, so this is a pleasant event. Switching from the point & shoot camera to the SLR, I took this photo...



By the way, the photos I take with the SLR get reduced a great deal before I post them here. If any friends out there want a full-size version, just e-mail me!

This flower hasn't opened fully, but it has started, so you can get a look at what the inside looks like...



Here's a closer look...



The photos (unless you have a very small screen) are much larger than life-size.

Hope you enjoy these. I'm certainly enjoying this beautiful day!

3 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

The photos are great...

Just so you know... By clicking on each image a larger version of it opens...

MAGIC!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

tornwordo said...

That last one is amazing. Great pics.

Jess said...

HK: Thanks, and yes, I know. They're supposed to open larger, but that's still far from full resolution. Full resolution is pretty big!

tornwordo: Thanks!