Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I just flew in from London and, boy, are my arms tired!

I have some photos to share, despite really crappy shooting conditions (although the weather was great if you're into pneumonia). Despite the weather, we had a great time!

In the meantime, here's a first shot. Nothing even slightly scenic. It's a shot I took when we first arrived. We were sitting on the bus from Stansted Airport to Victoria Station, waiting for it to leave. I noticed the term "brake retarder" and took the shot, so I'd remember to look it up and find out what it is. When I looked at the shot, I noticed something else--the odometer (click on the photo for a bigger version).


I know that's probably in kilometers, not miles, but even if it is, that's quite a number!


Converting from kilometers to miles, it's still over 320,000 miles. The bus seemed to run pretty well, so I have to say I'm impressed.

Anyhow, I'll have better photos to share soon. The trip was fun, but it's nice to be home, too.

5 comments:

epicurist said...

Welcome back and glad you had a great time. I hope it wasn't too cold that it was the only impression you got! ;0)

PatCH said...

Welcome to America. Here we have our streets paved with gold, and milk and honey flows in our pipes.

Jase said...

welcome back!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Welcome Back.

Jet lag is a bitch, eh?

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

dantallion said...

welcome back!