Sunday, February 12, 2006

Afternoon recap (and word of my 2-year-old nephew stirring controversy)

Today, everyone was advised to stay home, unless travel was absolutely necessary. Well, having just finished preparing our tax returns, I had to take them to the central mail facility (a nearby hub that's a faster mailing point than the local post orifice). Okay, maybe I didn't have to, but I hate being forced to stay inside. If I want to stay inside, that's one thing, but it has to be because I want to stay in. Today, I didn't. So Marc and I went outside, cleaned off the Explorer and went on our way.

Other absolutely necessary travels included seeing if the bagel store was open. Amazingly, it wasn't. I can't see how this is allowed to happen. Regardless of the conditions, all critical services must operate: police, fire, hospitals, bagel stores, Chinese food delivery, etc.

So I was stunned to find the bagel store closed. Well, at least our tax returns are in the mail. As usual, I owed the state money, but the feds owe me more, so it's okay.

I shot these two photos while we were stopped at a light...


The main north-south road through town (and this is after repeated plowings!)



Swimming complex in Eisenhower Park


Overall, this has been a nice day. We had a great time in the bath before heading out. And after we got home, I built a fire in the fireplace, and Marc made a wonderful roast for dinner.

Now, about my nephew stirring controversy. Actually, it was my brother who was the cause. Apparently, my brother and sister-in-law have told the people at Owen's day care center to leave his sweater on him. Despite this, they keep taking it off, and then he's cold.

So my brother found a way to get some attention. Under Owen's sweater, he had him dressed in a t-shirt with a picture of W and the words "President Poopy-Pants." The teacher was not amused: "Regardless of what you think of him, he's still the President.' To which my brother said, "Well, I told you not to take Owen's sweater off."

Leave it to my brother. :)

4 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

Oh that's priceless! poopy pants indeed...

Lee said...

HEH! Love it!

Cincy Diva said...

he needs to find a pic of Cheney and a shotgun with the words:

Leave my sweater on or youre NEST!

That ought to stop it. Pricelss story. Good for your brother.

Cincy Diva said...

should have been

you;re Next

My Mt Dew has not kicked in yet
Sorry for the typo's