Sunday, February 12, 2006

That's just scary

I wish I could get a bigger version of this photo, but I haven't been able to find one. This is from one of the local TV stations (and they obtained it from NASA)...



That's a satellite photo of snowstorm currently hitting our area. That dark spot south of us, down near the DelMarVa Peninsula? That's an eye forming.

I know snowstorms can get intense. When I was in college, I was in a blizzard with thunder and lightning. Trust me, that's scary shit. But a snowstorm coming in off the ocean that's forming an eye?

Okay, if there was any doubt, I'm in for the day. Time to fill the bath and have a nice soak!

1 comment:

Will said...

We're getting hit by it very hard now here in Boston with thunder, howling winds and lightening.

Funny--I was thinking this morning "I wonder how Aaron's doing," came here and there was your entry about his departure with Mike, who seems a lovely young man, by the way. I hope it works out for them. You two were so sweet to give him a place when he needed it most. But that doesn't come as too much of a surprise.

Oh--and I have to go out this afternoon to strike a production and load out props and lighting equipment into my Jeep. Sometimes fate is cruel.