Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A tragedy

I was going to use my first blog entry since returning to New York for bitching about the ridiculous cold and also to blast Delta Airlines for being such disorganized, incompetent assholes. However, my return home found me facing something far more distressing.

Patrick's blog is gone. My memory is too poor to be certain, but this may be the first blog I ever read. I knew Patrick for a long time before he even had a blog, so I can't say I met him this way.

Even so, Patrick's blog, mypatch.org, was wonderful. His posts were witty and entertaining, his writing always excellent, and the occasional photos were always wonderful. He didn't decide to shut it down. Instead, Yahoo managed to delete it. He spent lots of time yelling at them, but it seems that the damage is done and is permanent.

I know I'll still have my friend Patrick in my life (and God forbid it's ever otherwise!), and he'll still take and share lovely photos, but I feel like I've suffered a real loss. Sorry, PatCHy. I always loved your blog.

6 comments:

Greg said...

Yahoo's been fairly f*'d up lately. Some of the groups to which I belonged have been deleted - by Yahoo - without any reasons given. And their so-called customer service is worse that AOL's, if that's possible. I'm sorry this happened to Patrick. Hopefully, he'll be able to find an alternate blogging site.

Jase said...

Nooo!

*sobs*

Will said...

I understand everybody being pissed at Yahoo--I have had some trouble with them in the last couple of days myself--but the tone is that Patrick is gone forever and will never be on the web again. Am I missing something or can he not set up another blog with a different company and continue?

Wayne said...

Ah, I thought he was re-designing his website...? No? Or he's taking all of them off forever?!?!?!?!

PatCH said...

Aww, thanks for the sweet words, Jess. Yes, Yahoo has accidentally and permanently deleted all my web content. And there's no recourse, so they say. I'll see if I can rebuild somehow, but it'll be a bit tough since I have bits and pieces of various parts of my blog here and there. I will (probably) be back! :-)

MzOuiser said...

NOOOO! I thought it was just me! I thought my f*cked up computer couldn't load the page!

I too was initially hooked on blogging largely from his blog - one of the first I started reading. This loss is deeply felt.

The words "own domain" are floating through my mind...