Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The bulb fell off the thermometer

Okay, so there's no bulb on the thermometer (do they even sell mercury thermometers anymore?), but it's very cold this morning.

My indoor/outdoor supergeek thermometer won't tell me how cold it is outside, and I know what that means. It managed to handle something like 10 or 12 degrees a couple of weeks ago, but now it has gone silent. From past experience, I know that means the batteries aren't functioning well enough (in the outdoor sensor) for it to do its job. That's how cold it is!

I wish I could stay home, but I can't. Not today. Wish me luck, everyone! I hope nothing important shatters when I step outside! ;)

1 comment:

Tuna Girl said...

I'll be enjoying my 70 degree weather, thank you very much. The warmth almost makes it worth living here. Almost.