Friday, July 09, 2004

A few drinks, and the singing begins again! :)

Well, tonight we went over to what will eventually be our home (long story for another entry, but we'll be selling our house and moving). Anyhow, we were there to meet with our general contractor. After two hours of further planning (we've met with him a number of times over all the work we're doing), we headed back here to our current home.

Once we got here, out came the drink shaker. Our friend Jeff (mentioned previously) joined Marc in multiple martinis. I'm not in a drinking mood, so I didn't partake. Well, the boys are having a good ole time.

Somehow, we got on the topic of all-time favorite bands. I said I liked The Beatles. Yeah, I know, nothing too unusual there.

Well, neither Jeff nor Marc named a single band. Rather, they said it would be hard to choose one. At that, they rattled one off at a time and began singing favorite songs from the band of the moment.

I was also advised that the number of members of the band with whom one wanted to have sex should have a bearing on where the band ranks. I didn't know this rule, or I probably would have voted differently.

Oh well. Next time I'll have a better understanding of the rules! :)

2 comments:

Wayne said...

And no one sang Madonna songs :(

Jess said...

I checked, Wayne (as I didn't recall everything they sang). Both Jeff and Marc said, I'm sure we did, when I asked if they had included any Madonna songs last night. The only thing is that she wouldn't really be able to compete in the "best bands" competition, as no one in this house would want to have sex with her! ;)