Thursday, March 22, 2007

So depressing

The news of Elizabeth Edwards' cancer returning really hit home for me. The type of cancer she had/has is the same type my Mom had. The cancer being "treatable but not curable" is the same thing my Mom was told when her cancer came back.

According to what the doctor (one of the best in the business, supposedly) told us at the time, my Mom should be alive and well now. The cancer was going to be held in check. She couldn't be cured, but the treatment would keep the cancer in check for many years.

I truly hope Elizabeth Edwards--and all others in her situation--have better luck than my Mom did with her treatment.

1 comment:

Cincy Diva said...

I am sorry for your mother. I have a friend that is dealing with that now. They just removed his rib.
I wish that I liked John Edwards more. I love her, and wish her all the best. I do not trust him at all/