Friday, March 23, 2007

Not the right place

I resigned from the new job today. I had high hopes for it, but there are some truly deceitful, treacherous people there, and the whole place is way too fucked up.

In the end, I got sandbagged. I really didn't plan on quitting. I was working to improve things, figuring I could fix everything if given the time. But the way things played out left me no choice. I've never seen such stupidity. They're letting incompetent people get away with murder.

So be it. I've been keeping quiet about it and putting a smile on my face, but I really haven't been comfortable or happy since I got there.

The funny thing is how well Marc can read me. He's known this wasn't right, and he now seems relieved. In a way, so am I.

I may share more details eventually but not tonight. I'm just going to relax tonight.

9 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

Holy shit! Sorry to hear this news but sounds like it's for the best

Andy said...

Oh, bummer! Well, just be glad you're out of there and that these problems came up early on. Still, that sucks. Better luck next time! I know someplace that needs an HR Assistant...LOL.

Will said...

I think it takes a lot of courage to drop a new job after all the effort of getting it when it turns out sour, but the gain to you in terms of mental health and happiness will be the reward.

As always, Jess, best of luck.

Jess said...

Will: I probably made it sound braver than it/I was. Yes, it had to end, but if I didn't resign they were probably going to let me go, because of my not being willing to serve as their backup payroll clerk. Nothing wrong with being a payroll clerk, but that's not what I do. Actually, if that had been part of the deal going in, it would have been my fault, but they said they wanted a strategic-level, progressive Director who could build new systems, etc. Instead, they wanted an extra staff member who the staff wouldn't feel threatened by (not that there's anything threatening about me!), particularly the one staff member who thought she should have gotten the Director's job. What a place!

Big Al said...

Blimey. I know you wouldn't have quit without good reason. I hope your next move turns out to be more fruitful.

Tuna Girl said...

Well, I still think it is brave. I'm so sorry to hear about this!

Lee said...

So sorry to hear about the turn of events! A shame it turned out like that.

Well, I hope this falls into the "one door closes, a new and better one opens" dept.

about a boy said...

sorry about the loss. but im sure something better will fall into your lap!

PatCH said...

Yikes! Takes courage to do something like that, but better cut things off at the start rather than letting them fester.

*hugs*