Sunday, March 04, 2007

Partying the night away

Last night, we went to the annual Mardi Gras party hosted by LIGALY, Long Island Gay & Lesbian Youth, an organization we've supported for a while.

We had given them a donation to support the event, and they gave us extra tickets in thanks. So we used the tickets to draw Michael and Anthony out from the city (something we've been trying to do for a while!) and to repay the hospitality of a straight couple I know from the old job (they'd invited me out on a night when they knew Marc was out of town, and they didn't want me to be home alone on a holiday--that deserves a return gesture; besides, we like them and wanted to hang out with them).

(I took the little Canon camera along, so I could share a few photos.)

This event is fun, and attending is worth it for some of the costumes alone...



Here we see Michael and Anthony...



That photo really doesn't do them justice. Not that they look bad here, they're really a very handsome couple! I just don't think that photo does it.

It was such a fun evening that we even got to see Marc put on a silly mask...


Isn't he adorable?


Here are two more shots of Michael and Anthony...





There were two performers. The first was a guy named Georgie Porgie. I have to admit that I didn't know of him before last night, but he sure could sing! At one point, there were music problems, so he went on with his song a capella...



But while he was good, the real headliner of the evening was Ms. Martha Wash...



I shouldn't even have to say this--in fact, gay men who don't know Ms. Wash may need to turn in their cards *wink*--but she was half of The Weather Girls ("It's Raining Men") and was the voice behind C&C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat" (better known as "Everybody Dance Now").

The lady sure can belt them out! She was terrific!



And here we see a gracious Ms. Wash posing with my Bokey...



There were other performers there as well, working in time to the music. This was a nice show. Here's one of them...



Of course, any night with my Bokey is a good night for me...

5 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

What a neat night! And I am so jealous that you got to meet Diva Wash. She was one of my core performers for my act.

Michael Vernon said...

Thank you so much for having us! It was genuinely was a treat. :)

Will said...

Could you two GET any cuter or sweeter looking together? Lunch, a drink--anything--but I've got to meet you guys in person some day.

CoffeeDog said...

Look how cute you guys are!

W said...

awwwwww! how sweet!