Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New job and other stuff

First, the job. Today was day three. In a way, it was more like day one, since the boss was at a conference Monday and Tuesday. Not that I didn't manage to keep busy for the first two days, but it doesn't really count until the boss gets there and starts really getting things rolling.

All three days went well. Everyone continues to be very nice, and I'm already doing good, productive work. One fun thing came today when I dealt with an employee issue in one of our Massachusetts offices. For many people, that would be absolutely nothing of consequence. One of my brothers jets around the world regularly as part of his job. But for me, a guy who has never worked in a multi-state company, this was fun. It's especially exciting to have responsibility for locations in so many states.

So, on to the other stuff. First a note from an article I read a day or two ago in the Times. It was about scandalous events in the NFL. The first name of one of the players it mentioned was Pacman. Yes, Pacman, like the game. WTF? What were his parents thinking?!

On a lighter note, I've found a new travel show I love (actually, we both love it). Our favorite travel guy in general is Rudy Maxa. I even read and comment on his blog from time to time. But, for travel in Italy, there's a new champion. His name is Francesco da Mosto, and his show on the Travel Channel is called Francesco's Italy Top to Toe. He does a wonderful job showing the most wonderful locales in Italy, and he does it with charm and intelligence. Most of all, his delivery makes it feel like a friend from Italy is telling you about his country. He could be with you in your living room, from the sound of his voice. Very comfortable and friendly. If you like travel shows, I highly recommend this one.

1 comment:

W said...

i like that show too! although my fave is anthony bourdain because he is so crass...