Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Clappy as a ham

Got it! No unemployment benefits needed this time. :)

I went in today for more interviewing, and then I was offered the job. It seems like a good company. I just hope this is more stable than my current place. I'm tired of the employment ground shifting under my feet!

Anyhow, I have a new job! Yay! The place seems good. The people seem nice. The commute isn't bad--should be shorter than my current one.

So the news is good!

Thanks to everyone who has written, called or commented to support me during this craziness!

12 comments:

PatCH said...

Yay! Clappiness indeed.

Anonymous said...

Mazel tov! All the chanting on this end paid off. ;) Seriously, congrats.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!

Michael Vernon said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Let's celebrate with a bunch of drinks!

Tuna Girl said...

Oh, thank goodness. Not that I was worried. Nope. Not for a moment.

Happy new job!

Marc said...

Thanks, everybody. Your support has been appreciated, and I wish I could get you all together for a party to celebrate!

Jess said...

Oops. That last one (from Marc) was actually me. I'm using his computer and forgot to change the comment login.

CoffeeDog said...

congrats on the new job, I never had any doubts that you find a new one quickly!

Jess said...

CoffeeDog: Thanks! That makes one of us. ;)

Seriously, I had confidence in finding something else. I've been in HR management for a long time. Plus, the legal background helps. Still, luck and timing play such a big role, so I was worried that I might be out for a while.

Andy said...

Congrats!!!! That is fantastic! What's your secret?

Jess said...

Andy: The secret? I'd like to say it's something exciting like kneepads, but the timing is just luck. :)

The rest--well, who can say? Hopefully, part of it is my experience, but part could be that they liked my face or something. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad!

W said...

yay you!