Sunday, October 09, 2005

The vast wasteland

As I type this, we're watching a show called Vacation Home Search on the Travel Channel. It's a pretty lame excuse for a show, following a couple around as they shop for a vacation home, but I don't want to watch Press the Meat or any of those other Sunday talk shows. So we've settled for this.

These people are painful to watch. Plus, the real estate agent bullshit makes me want to Elvis my TV.

If nothing else, I was just doing the math on a potential second mortgage (not that I was really considering buying a vacation home). For what payments on any of these homes would cost, even considering tax benefits, we could take a couple of fabulous vacations a year and bank a nice chunk of change.

I suppose we may want a vacation home someday, but today's not the day.

3 comments:

Wilde said...

It's amazing what a bunch of voyeurs we've been turned into by reality TV. It would at least be kinky if we were watching people talk about their fantasies. But real estate? Oy.

Andy said...

I am loving that you made Elvis a verb.

CoffeeDog said...

We'll never be able to afford a 2nd house, first one is enough, a stretch!