Monday, October 17, 2005

That pisses me off

Today, I had a 4pm meeting with the head of the hospital. I got there just before 4pm and was told that he was finishing his prior meeting. His assistant asked me to have a seat, and I did so.

She was coughing and spent some time drinking water and collecting herself. Okay, I certainly have no objection to that. We're all under the weather from time to time.

What got me bent out of shape was when she picked up the phone, at 4:08pm, used the intercom to call into the big boss and announced, "Your four o'clock appointment is here." Very nice. That made it sound like I wandered in eight minutes late.

Well, we had a good meeting, and I was able to work into it in a neutral kind of way that I had been there on time. Still, why should I have to do damage control when I hadn't done anything wrong in the first place?

1 comment:

dantallion said...

I would have said: "I arrived on time, but your secretary was nowhere to be found, so I sat and waited".