Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The one day you can count on the weather

It almost never fails. I think it drizzled one year, but that's the only exception I remember. We must have done something bad that year.

Want to have a picnic in New York? Then check your calendar and figure out what day Rosh Hashanah falls on. That's virtually a lock for lovely weather. Today was no different. It's the Jewish New Year, and here in New York--where you'll find more of us than anywhere else--the weather was lovely. Being His chosen people hasn't always been a good job, but this is one nice benefit! ;)

4 comments:

teh l4m3 said...

Does it make up for not having a Christmas? I suppose it would if you were one of those poor Christians who lived in a trailer park...

Jess said...

I know Christians who don't do the Christmas thing (you know, it being a pagan thing and not really part of the original Christian tradition). Besides, Christmas is secular enough for everyone to get into the act now.

Andy said...

L'shanah tovah!

And hey, teh, don't be making fun of trailer park Christmases. My parents were at a loss to explain to me how Santa would slide down the chimney in our double-wide since we didn't have a fireplace. They assured me that Santa knew where we kept the spare key, but I was skeptical.

Anonymous said...

There are Jews in New York? OMG Do you think there is a east coast and west coast syndicate rivalry? I have an in with the L.A. Jews. Will I need to bring knish as a peace offering?
k