Thursday, August 25, 2005

What's taking them so long?

I've been anticipating the first bad-pun-headline for a few days, but still nothing. There's a tropical storm (that some say will become a hurricane soon) named Katrina that's heading for landfall. So, as with every such storm, they speak of storm surge, etc.

The headline is obvious: "Katrina and the Waves." So what are we getting? Southeast Florida under hurricane warning

Come on, people! How often do you get a chance like this? Has all creativity gone out of this country?!

(For the record, I think that this post may be the most publicity that particular group has received in several years.)

8 comments:

epicurist said...

LOL - That was quite funny! I think wit in the media has been somewhat dulled.

Greg said...

I'm walking on sunshine....whoa-oa!
I'm walking on sunshine...whoa-o-o-oa!

Wilde said...

Media Wit - hmmm - oxymoron? Well, some kind of morons ;)

dantallion said...

Thank you. Now THAT SONG is going to be floating around in my head for the next decade or so, much as it did during a sizeable part of the 80's and early nineties.

Break out the Prozac.....

Andy said...

That song actually came up on my iPod last night while I was cleaning my apartment.

BTW, I have now discovered the secret to enjoying doing the dishes: Bose headphones and The Village People.

freethoughtguy said...

Must ... fight ... that damn Sunshine song ...

... with ...

ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!

Yeah, Scorpions!

Bruce said...

OMG, that truly was a funny headline idea.
You're quick, Jess!

Bruce said...

And ... now that we see the horror and destruction left in Katrina's wake, the headline for your post seems ominously appropriate, too, though for a different reason : What's taking them so logn?