Saturday, August 13, 2005

That's the right attitude!

I'm sure you've seen the posters in many offices. They're motivational sayings that are supposed to fill employees with good thoughts and attitudes. They have titles like "Teamwork" and are meant to inspire. In my case, all they usually inspire is nausea.

So I want to point you to an excellent alternative. At Despair.com, you can find gems like these...










I got the coffee mug with this one on it for my boss--I hope he likes it!










This one I got for a guy who is retiring in a few weeks. He has a good sense of humor, so I hope he likes this...



By the way, if you buy any of these, they don't have the white stripe and their URL on the bottom. That's just on the online photos (so people won't steal them, I suppose). :)

As an HR professional, I strongly endorse these fine products. They send messages that add some reality to the modern workplace. Go get yours today!

10 comments:

Tuna Girl said...

That Demotivation one would be perfect for The Patio that Patrick was fired from.

Things not going right? Fire your entire staff. Twice.

Martijn said...

How strange cultural differences can be. I translated those into Dutch and wondered what would happen if I would walk up to the nearest random office and put up some of those posters.

I think the mildest reaction would be laughter, but I guess most of those posters would not survive the day.

For the average cynical Dutchman a poster like that would be a strong source of demotivation.

Jess said...

That's the point, Martijn. They're spoofing the real "motivational" posters.

Martijn said...

o duh .. and it wasn't even late at night when I saw them ;-)

Andy said...

I have always wanted one of these, but right now I just have a humble little cubicle. If we move into the larger space upstairs (please please please please) maybe I could get one. I know they'd love it.

Oh, and props to xcfb08ctrt, I agree completely.

Jess said...

That kind of thing happens to me, too, Martijn. Usually, Marc then points out to me what I missed. At which point, I turn red. :)

Jess said...

Andy, if you get that larger space, let me know. I'll get you one as a space-warming present. :)

Oh, and as for xcfb08ctrt, his comment spam got killed, thankyouverymuch.

Wilde said...

Love this! I am not even awake yet (eating morning cereal) and I laughed so hard Raisin Bran came out my nose. Alarming, actually -- but worth the chuckle...

Greg said...

Classics! They're all classics!!

MzOuiser said...

My favorite one says "Perhaps your life is meant to serve as a warning to others."

ROFL