Monday, June 29, 2020

The Mark of the Assassin (Michael Osbourne, #1)The Mark of the Assassin by Daniel Silva
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been a Daniel Silva fan for a long time. I've read either all of his Gabriel Allon novels or almost all of them. Either way, I like his work. So I decided to go back and read something from earlier in his career. That led me to The Mark of the Assassin. Opening with a terrorist attack that clearly echoes the explosion of TWA flight 800, the book follows our hero, Michael Osbourne, as he deals with a deadly assassin, the former KGB killer--and now killer-for-hire--known as October.

With Mr. Silva's skill for building relatable characters and an engaging plot, this was a quick and entertaining novel. More than his Gabriel Allon novels, this novel, with the evil, super-powerful organization working behind the scenes, had a Robert Ludlum feel. That's different but not necessarily a bad thing. Ludlum created some great stories. I enjoyed this book!


View all my reviews

No comments: