Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lazy Sunday

I slept until about 10 o'clock this morning. Around 10:30, I went downstairs and had some coffee Aaron had made. Grabbing the Sunday Times, I began a relaxing morning of catching up with what's happening in the world.

Then I decided to play with the camera a little. I'm still in love with my new SLR. Marc couldn't have gotten me a better Chanukah gift.

Some of these shots--the still-lifes--could have come out better if I'd taken my time and used a tripod. However, as I said in the title of this post, this is a lazy Sunday, and using the tripod would have required more work. I just couldn't have that! ;)

So here are a few shots I took, just using the SLR, my Micro-Nikkor 60mm lens and my two little hands. In the first, you can see that Bernice was keeping an eye on me, so I didn't get into too much trouble...



Since I'm sure you were wondering what was playing on the Bose system while I was shooting the dog pictures, let's have a look at the sunroom remote...



The song was "We Don't Need Another Hero". It was scrolling as I shot the photo.

And what does Mandy think of all of this? Let's see...



Here's a better shot of the Divine Miss M...



And a closeup...



Dodger wasn't interested in modeling, so I then wandered over to another part of the house for some new subjects.

The flower buds in this photo are a tiny part of a much larger plant. In fact, the real size of this is about half the size of my thumb...



Here are some cactus bits...





This little guy has been perched on a shelf in the library/living room of the house for as long as I can remember...



This tiny shoe is a gift that came from a lovely New Mexican friend of ours...



And, last but not least, is a photo of the souvenir we brought back from our late November trip to southern California. Marc saw this perfume bottle in a store that specialized in hand-blown glass...



Okay, time to go back to being lazy. ;)

5 comments:

teh l4m3 said...

Pretty doggy.

My Sunday was so boring I actually started a new compost pile.

Anonymous said...

Damn I love that sun room of yours. I can still see the light streaming in and making me all kinda sleepish before I left that morning. The smell of Marc making coffee and the dogs at our feet. Ahhhhhhhhhh
kb

joey said...

Looks like a perfect day! There's nothing I'd love more than a lazy Sunday like that.

Jess said...

Rotten Blogger. I just noticed all of these nice comments, but none of them showed up in my e-mail. :(

epicurist said...

Ummm, How many dogs do you have? Bernice, Mandy and Dodger? 3?