Friday, December 23, 2005

More fun with the camera

This afternoon, we had an early dinner at a place I've mentioned before, Smokin' Al's Famous Barbecue Joint in Bay Shore. After that, we ran a few errands.

Along the way, we stopped at EAB Plaza. In front of two large (19-story) office buildings is the largest Christmas tree anywhere around here. It's even bigger than the Rockefeller Center tree. So Marc patiently waited as Aaron and I took some pictures.


The tree and plaza


They also have a skating rink there, although it can't compare to the Rockefeller Center rink. Even so, the parents and children skating around the rink called for a few pictures.


Hey, someone's off the ground!



Yours truly watching the skaters and taking a photo all at once, courtesy of the camera's self-timer


I really like that last one and not because I'm in it. There's just something about it that appeals to me. Now if I could just figure out how to re-grow my missing hair. ;)

I also like that I was able to try various approaches, tweak the settings just the way I wanted, figure out just what length of exposure I wanted and count on the camera to carry out this night shot with clarity and a complete lack of "digital noise." Once that was all set, all it took to put myself in the picture was adding the self-timer to the settings I'd already selected.

2 comments:

PatCH said...

Pretty, pretty, really nice and sharp. And yes, the third photos has a nice, calm feel to it.

teh l4m3 said...

Show us your triple axle!

(We're gonna bury that Kristy Yamaguchi.)