Sunday, December 18, 2005

Hurray for Chanukah!

Yesterday, we picked up my Chanukah present. It's not Chanukah yet, but Marc didn't make me wait. He got me a new camera. Truly new--it was just released to retailers on Friday. It's the Nikon D200. It got amazing reviews when preview models were given to reviewers, and my experience so far supports those rave reviews.

So today I took the new camera, and was joined by this man for a little trip to play with the camera...


Aaron


We stopped by the side of a busy road to shoot some high-speed bursts of fast-moving cars. The results were very impressive! I'd post them, but a bunch of stop-action shots of cars would be dull. I can't wait for rugby season to start!

Next, we headed to Jones Beach State Park. We saw seagulls, of course, including this one...



We enjoyed the lovely day at the beach...



We wandered a bit and looked for things to photograph, like this leaf...



And these barbecue grills, abandoned for the season and in need of some rust removal...



Aaron looked for his own perspective on things, of course...



And then we headed back to the truck to drive home...

7 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks, Shari. You're a sweetheart. Send me an e-mail sometime! :)

MzOuiser said...

I'm so jealous! Chappy Chanukah! And lovely first efforts!

joey said...

Very cool shots. Glad you chose the beach :)

Lee said...

Congrats on the camera! And nice shots!

Early Happy Chanukkah!

CoffeeDog said...

Didn't you just get a new camera?? Happy holidays!

Jess said...

Thanks, everybody.

CD: that was a little point-and-shoot for situations that only need a snapshot (short trips, parties, etc.).

teh l4m3 said...

Hey your friend is cute.

And that seagull was awfully fat.