Saturday, August 30, 2008

If I were like one of those right-wing religious nuts...

...I think I'd say that God is sending a hurricane toward New Orleans, in order to sabotage the Republicans, keeping them from getting the news coverage they want. I also think I'd say that He wants to send a gigantic reminder of how badly the current Republican administration fucked up when the people of that city needed help three years ago. After all, those people the GOP loves seem to think He creates disasters in order to send messages, conveniently ignoring the times that a tornado levels a church or an earthquake drops a building on good people.

Of course, I'm not one of those people, so I won't presume to speak for the Almighty. Instead, I'll hope that no one else gets hurt by this storm.

Oh yeah, I'll also sit here and snicker, as the country focuses on the storm and forgets that there's anything else going on this week.

No comments: