Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm kvelling

(Not to worry. I have more rugby photos to post, but first...)

I participate in a group of lawyers and judges, dedicated to fostering professionalism and ethical practice, that also includes a handful of law students, so they can learn and became upstanding members of the profession. One of the law students recently was talking about employment opportunities, and I told him that nothing beats my old stomping grounds, the County Attorney's Office, for experience.

Today, I got this e-mail:

Jess,

I just had my interview with ****** ********** from the County Attorney's Office. She had great things to say about you. Specifically, she said that you were a great mentor for her when she started. I'm not quite sure how well it went, but I'll hope for the best.

Talk to you soon,
Jeff


As suggested by the title of this post, it made me feel very nice to see that I was remembered in such a positive light. And then I reflected a bit. I'm getting old enough that someone I mentored is now apparently in a supervisory role in the County Attorney's Office. *sigh* Well, the passage of time is inevitable, so I guess I'll try not to dwell on the number of years that have passed and will just latch onto the positive part.

Okay, one other thing makes me feel better. Jeff, the law student who appreciates my pointing him in that direction, is HOT. So I guess that's nice, too! :)

2 comments:

Wayne said...

OH OH OH Tell JEFF that I say HI!!!!

Greg said...

It's always good to help someone out and to hear that they've appreciated it. Kudos to you, so kvell away!