Sunday, September 09, 2007

Distractions

While shooting rugby photos yesterday on Randall's Island (that's one of those little islands east of Manhattan), I saw a couple of things that I found interesting.

This building is one...



Anyone know if that's Rikers Island? I think it might be. I know, who cares? Well, my curiosity has me going.

And then there was this ship (or is it a barge?)...


Front of the ship



Middle of the ship--and I guess that's the name of the company that owns it



Back of it and the tugboat pushing it


The part that has me curious is that little red light and whatever it's mounted with. See it? Near the front? (Yeah, I know. Not front... bow.) Here's a closer look...


Closer look at the light


If you click on that last one, it will give you a hi-res version, so you can have a closer look. Any idea? Think it's some kind of device Homeland Security put on there? Or maybe it means Tinkerbell is on board. Just wondering.

So if anyone knows, please tell me. With that said, don't worry. The real rugby photos will be showing up soon. Here's one to whet your appetite...


And this sure is worth clicking on for a closer look!

3 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

The building looks fakey..and kind of sci-fi scary.
The ship looks too tall to be a barge. Altho it would have been fun to have a Barge named laFarge

Greg said...

As always, great photos. That building looks like something from a package of Lego's.

MG said...

I *think* the red light is a running light. Port (left) lights are usually red and starboard (right) lights are usually green.