Sunday, July 01, 2007

If that's the best they can do...

Let me begin by saying that I'm glad no one was hurt by the car bombs in London and that there were no major casualties from the flaming car in Glasgow (the burned terrorist doesn't count). With that said, if that's the best they can do, I'm quite relieved.

If the best these clowns could do was cans of gasoline and some hardware to make shrapnel, they're just not a huge threat. Although gunpowder may be tougher to obtain in Britain than here, I'm still amazed that they couldn't even manage a gunpowder bomb. I mean, we're talking about material that Guy Fawkes was able to get in great quantities for his plot over 400 years ago, let alone anything more modern like plastic explosives.

I'm glad these murderous bastards couldn't get better material, but I think it says something about the real capabilities of our enemy (sorry to sound like W, but this is one of the few areas where he's right--they are our enemy--not that his actions have helped the situation!). Yes, the fight must go on and we must remain vigilant. These people really would like to kill us. Still, they seem a lot less threatening now. I just hope all the rest of them are as incompetent as the ones who've been causing trouble in Britain lately. (Selfishly, I also hope this week is quiet here, since my baby is traveling to visit family down south later this week, and I don't want anyone messing with things while he's flying.)

2 comments:

dantallion said...

Here's wish hubby a safe (and enjoyable) trip.

Andy said...

This is largely why I couldn't live in New York anymore, I just felt the threat of something like this was inevitable and imminent. Not that wackos can't travel or strike anywhere, but honestly? I feel much safer in Raleigh Hills.