Sunday, June 10, 2007

First Lady Special Agent Clarice Bush?

I'm sitting here, spending a lazy Sunday afternoon sipping coffee and flipping channels. One of the things I'm watching is The Silence of the Lambs. During commercial breaks in this movie, the channel has been running PSAs by Laura Bush.

I never noticed it before, but Laura Bush sounds a lot like an older version of Jodie Foster's Agent Clarice Starling. I'm not sure what to make of this, but it's somewhat disturbing.

I think it's time to head to the sunroom and read the Times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

never put the two together in my mind before until just now. You're so right!

dantallion said...

Well I'll be damned - you're right. Which is a shame, because I liked Jodie Foster before this.

Greg said...

But Jodie is definitely the better actress.

Unknown said...

I saw some nutjob yesterday with a bumper sticker that said, "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun." Had it been parked, I would have written, "So has Laura Bush's," on a post it for him.