Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Interesting what they didn't say

As I type this, I'm watching New York's Channel 11 News. I'd call it the "CW11 News at 10," as they do, but they might change it again before you read this (it used to be WB11, and before that it was just WPIX, but that's not the point of this post). Anyhow, they did a story about a hit-and-run in Manhattan. The victim is a wealthy man named Steven Green who is scheduled to begin a prison sentence shortly for fraud, or so I understand.

So they were reporting this story and said he was coming from an "upscale bar." Then they showed Posh. Posh? It's okay, but I don't know that I'd call it upscale.

What I would call it--and, interestingly, what they didn't say--is GAY! I guess there was no need to say that. The poor man certainly seems to have enough problems at the moment and doesn't need to be outed if he is in the closet, but it's interesting how times have changed. In years past, I'd have expected them to jump right on something so juicy.

So things have changed. Well, either that or they've been hanging out with alexis who just thinks there's an imbalance of men and women in this particular bar. :)

3 comments:

dantallion said...

Good Lord - the poor fellow is either extraordinaritly unlucky, or Karma's holding a special place in her heart for him because of past...uhhh...indescretions...

Wayne said...

$$$$$ - why didn't I bump into that guy before. I could have gotten my own car. I need to go to Posh!!

Andy said...

See, I'd always thought "Posh" was supposed to be ironic. Because it ain't.