Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blogging beats Facebook

Okay, so I use Facebook regularly, and I've been very bad about keeping my blog updated. I'll try to do better!

A reminder of the value of blogging came tonight when Marc asked when we'd first met a fellow blogger face-to-face. I was able to search my blog and find a record of that meeting and what we did on the weekend when we met him.

That's the thing. Facebook is an online social medium, but blogging is, at its heart, an online version of a diary. It's a log of one's life (or the parts one wishes to record) maintained on the web, as you all know. That's where the name comes from.

I have photos to share, since I never finished posting from last year's France trip and I haven't even started on this year's trip photos (including a photo of hot Parisian firemen with Marc). Of course, there are rugby photos to share, too, as well as bits of stuff from our lives. So I will endeavor to do better. Blogging is so much richer than Facebook, and I'm sorry I haven't done more of it!

By the way, the blogger mentioned above is our dear friend Greg. Amazingly, our "in real life" friendship with Greg appears to be a bit shy of three years in length. Funny, but it seems like we know him a lot longer. Yes, we know him online for longer, but it really feels like we met him much further back than not-quite-three years ago.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for blogging! My blog celebrates its tenth birthday next year. :)

Jess said...

Yay for blogging, and yay for friends like you we've found online!

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

I heartily concur. :)

A DC said...

One day I'll make it back to NYC...probably after school is done. :)

Jess said...

Pua: and you would know! We need to keep at it!

Angie: I look forward to that day!