Monday, January 04, 2010

NYE and other stuff

We had a fun New Year's Eve party here at the house. I have a few photos to share, but you'll have to wait for another post for those (because I don't have them uploaded to the right place for blog sharing). It was nice, even though some friends couldn't make it.

Other new things? Hmmm. Well, I bought Wii Sports Resort for our Nintendo Wii. I've been so obsessed with the swordfighting game that my shoulder hurt last night from all of the virtual battling! I also bought a charger for the Wii remotes. Yeah, I buy exciting things, don't I? :)

Not much else to report at the moment, but that's probably a good thing. A friend got laid off today, so that's not good, but he seems rather relieved for a variety of reasons. Having been down that road a few times, I know what he means. Sometimes work gets bad enough that being forced to move on is a relief. Hang in there, Greg. As you already have the wisdom to realize, life goes on and new opportunities come along!

On that note, I have three canines who need some assistance. Those darn doorknobs are a pain when you don't have thumbs, and they need to go out!

6 comments:

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

I told Charlie that when I get my first paycheck after finding a new job (still looking), I was going to get Wii Fit. Right now, I have to settle for my daily walks with Ellie. It really isn't "settling". I do love my walks with her. But they're more about her than my flabby thighs, butt, and "water wings". Something's gotta change!

dantallion said...

Did it never occur to you to change the doorknobs to handles?

:)

A DC said...

I think the Wii is very exciting! Wii = Wheeeeee!
Happy New Year, Jess!

Greg said...

Thanks, Jess!!

Luuworld said...

party pics. i wanna see party pics! party pics makes me happy :-D

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Dog pix too!