Sunday, November 02, 2008

NY Marathon on TV

I'm not a runner. Even when I was thinner and in better shape, I wasn't into running. Cycling was more my thing. Given the recent discovery of my hidden medical issues, it turns out to be a very good thing. After we learned of this, the doctor told me that any exercise involving repetitive impact (such as running) was to be avoided. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking, you pervs. He meant vertical spinal impact--there is nothing in the world that will get me to give up doing that, even if it does involve repetitive impact.)

So on to the real point of this post. Today, on our local NBC station, they are showing the New York City Marathon. Who is watching this? Perhaps if you're a marathon fan and don't live around here, you might watch (although watching a marathon on TV strikes me as every bit as strange as watching golf on TV), but who lives in this area and is that much of a marathon fan but isn't either running in the marathon or cheering from the sidelines? Clearly, there's something I don't know or understand in all of this!

No comments: