Friday, April 18, 2008

Across the Universe

Normally, I don't care for covers of songs I like. One group whose songs are very special to me is The Beatles. I could go on for quite some time about The Beatles, a group that was like no other. Efforts to cover Beatles songs usually result in debacles like the one I witnessed a few weeks ago on American Idol. (And why do we watch that show, anyhow? Is it the "car wreck" theory? But I digress...)

Tonight, we watched the movie Across the Universe. It's a musical built around songs of The Beatles, and it was wonderful! We both loved it. New arrangements and new voices were brought to terrific old songs, and I loved the whole thing. I have to admit to being a bit skeptical before the movie started, but I was won over quickly.

It's a wonderful movie. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

kurt said...

i saw a preview for this movie and was a bit skeptical myself. i will have to check it out. thanks for the recommendation.
kurt