Thursday, February 07, 2008

Can anyone be so busy...

...that they need to be on their cellphone while seated in a Men's Room stall?

I couldn't believe my ears. It was a business call. I can't help but wonder what the person on the other end of the line thought when he/she heard the multiple flushes that had to be audible from other parts of the bathroom, as well as the one from the guy on the phone, since even that didn't interrupt his conversation.

Granted, the people holding phones to their ears while driving are far more dangerous, but I think I'm more disturbed by this.

2 comments:

A DC said...

I've heard women doing it before and it really freaks me out. It just strikes me as such a gross thing to do. It's taking mult-tasking to the x-treme! :)

Andy said...

Oh yeah, I've experienced this. It's a common phenom among the "boo-yeah!" type finance guys. I've seen guys standing at a urinal while on the phone. One of the consultants that we regularly bring in from NY is ALWAYS on the phone in the john...it's a running joke at work, so much so that now when we need to excuse ourselves, the euphemism of choice is, "Will you excuse me, I have to make a phonecall."

However, I want to say I think texting while on the toilet is perfectly acceptable.